[Ansteorra] Holidays... Was World History in High School

troop0341 at aol.com troop0341 at aol.com
Sat Jul 19 14:30:47 PDT 2008

I wasn't going to say anything, but when was the last time our kids had Veteran's Day as a holiday???  "Lest we forget" - Will they even remember???
     Respects to All,   Iain

Lady Katrina wrote:
Yep ... I remember having to take Texas History, World History, and World
Geography ... not only in elem but in high school.  Does any one remember
the school holiday we used to get for San Jacinto day anymore?

Of course.  San Jacinto Day is April 21.  Alamo Day is March 6.  Juneteenth
is June 19.  The Texas-OU football game is the third weekend of the State
Fair.  All are days to fly your Texas flag.
Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin*