[Ansteorra] Request for Comment-LegalCounsel proposal

April Page alpage1225 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 24 07:16:16 PDT 2008

Lord Amra:
I believe the intent of this provision is to discourage unnecessary expense in hiring individual counsel when the SCA may already have a letter of engagement with a firm that they perfer to use in matters involving the organization.  However, if a member of the Board feels they would be unfairly represented by counsel of the SCA's choosing, then they by all means should be permitted to retain their own counsel, but perhaps consider that it might be at their own expense.  Many organizations and corporations have similar requirements.  If my interpretation of this proposed language is accurate, then I believe it should be adopted.
Respectfully,
Lady Elizabeth Seale