[Ansteorra] Group Status Changes

Chelsea Durham baby_sis_83 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 13 22:39:52 PDT 2008

I don't come out of my shell often and post publically on the kingdom list, but this is a big concern of mine, so I'll bite.

Having "grown up" in the Western Region (yes, it's still the Western Region. It's only been dissolved on paper) the people there are more concerned with The Dream, rather than the politics that actually govern it. I can see both sides of the argument: Don Pieter's side of keeping up with paperwork, and Baroness AmaRyah's side of "it is only a game."
Storytime:
Gulf War this past year, I rode out with a friend of mine. I'm not going to name names. We arrived on site late. I was dead set on putting up my tent. The friend of mine greeted their significant other, and we started to unload. Long story short, my friend's SO was insistent on them going to a party. My friend, in the best interest of their self, gave in to said SO, and left me with my tent partially up. Wouldn't have been so bad if they'd gone and gotten me help. I was livid, and proverbial knives hurt when they're in your back. I marched over to the WEstern Region encampment, and sure as the sun shines, Baron Gavin was still up, as were a select few other people. HE Gavin came over to where my tent was in another encampment, and helped me with my tent. They also loaned me a flashlight as my friend's SO and I got into a rather heated debate and I decided to not rely on my friend as much. The group I camped with was inviting, but it wasn't nearly as nice and homey as the Western Region encampment. I will never again camp with the group I camped with at that Gulf War. I will always... always always, ALWAYS camp with the Western Region people. They've not lost sight of the dream. They are not torn in their friendships because one group of people doesn't like another. They are my home. There's never been a time I was ever turned away from a WEstern Region camp. I've never been apprehensive to enter into one of their encampments, or indeed, their homes. (well perhaps at first because I can be shy) However, in other areas of Ansteorra, I've been apprehensive to even talk to some people. I've felt unwelcome in other parts. If you want hospitality, go to the Western Region. If you want hostility, go somewhere else.

-Lady Grainne Kathleen NicPadraig MacDaniel
None is deceived but he who trusts too much.