[Ansteorra] Question 7/15 - Crash-Space Etiquette?

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 17:54:30 PDT 2008

What ideas can you share about 'crash-space etiquette' for both the  traveler
and the crash-space provider?

I always try and let the people know I have pets and children at my house.
Some people are allergic and may not be able to stay here because of their
allergies. I also let them know that it is a no smoking house (my allergy)  but
they are welcome to go on the back pouch. I make sure that the house is  fairly
clean and there are fresh sheets and towels  for whom ever  stays here. Also
I plan on meals for those who stop in our home.  Hospitality is very important
to myself and my house. If I am traveling I let  them know I have children.
When I get there we try to stay out of the way as  much as possible and help
with any chores that need to be done. We keep all of  our things picked up and
out of the way. I make sure that the children are  behaving and take care of
any problems promptly. Of course the children are  teens now and wish to do
their own thing more than SCA. (Band, Football,  Wrestling, Dates)  And most
importantly I THANK my hostess or host.

I hope this has helped.
Donnel

In a message dated 7/15/2008 6:51:12 P.M. Central Daylight Time,