[Ansteorra] Question 7/15 - Crash-Space Etiquette?

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 15 19:40:45 PDT 2008

I am allergic to brats, not children.  I have 4 dogs ranging in size from 15
pounds to 85 pounds who adore kids.  The dogs live in the house with a dog
door access to the outside.  They think they should help everyone go to the
bathroom, keep them warm by sleeping with them.  A closed door gets
scratched and/or whined at.  So anyone who stays with me must love dogs.
Guests are expected to pick up after themselves.  If they dirty the bathroom
they best clean it or I'll let the dogs into the bedroom with them at 3 am.
Because I have 4 dogs other dogs/cats really are not a good idea to bring
with you.  The doxie hates cats.  Pepe will probably urinate on your dog
just to prove he is the male of the pack (yes he has done that).

The dogs and I enjoy company and guests who stay over.  There are rules that
must be followed by all, such as do NOT feed the dogs from the table, do NOT
step on the 6K surgery doxie, do not slap or yell at the dogs, pickup things
especially if you don't want the dogs to eat it or urinate on it (shoes,
socks, underwear, good smelly things).  I don't expect guests to do the
dishes but they should at least rinse their plates/glasses/cups and put them
in the sink.  Do NOT change the channel on the telly when I'm watching a
show.  If you don't like it go watch the telly in the guest bedroom.  It is
safer to speak to me once I've had a cup of coffee or tea in the morning, do
not be Perky until I've had said cuppa.  No drugs allowed!

If you want something 'special' to eat or snack on, I suggest you bring it
with you.

When I've stayed at someone's house I always offer to change the sheets,
help with chores, clean the room I stayed in, and respected the homeowner's
rules.  I never eat the last one of anything or put an empty or almost empty
container back into the fridge or cabinet without saying something to the
homeowner.  I am a smoker but I will NOT smoke in someone's house who does
not smoke.  By the same token do NOT get offensive in my home about my
ciggys.

Runa of The Thundering Herd
http://runa-herd.livejournal.com
www.bedlambazaar.com