[Ansteorra] Crash Space Etiquette

Manners, Tabitha tabitha.manners at okstate.edu
Tue Jul 15 20:26:35 PDT 2008

I think the most important thing is to find a way to let the host know you appreciate their kindness.  This can be as little as a heartfelt thank you or help if you see they are struggling to get something finished for the event the next day.  The one thing I hate to see is those people who expect crash space to be provided and get irritated if no one is available to accommodate them or their group.  It is a privilege to stay with fell SCAdians, share their home, and get to know them a little more (or in some cases meet them for the first time).  Some groups may not have space or may need a few days to find someone who is available.  Please don't think that it is part of your site fee and expect accommodations to be available when you sign in and gate and inform the volunteer their that you need a place to stay.  That is rude.

You should always communicate clearly with each other in advance regarding directions, rules of the house, pets, and other allergies that may need to be considered.  This takes a lot of stress out of the situation.  If you can notify them when you are running late, this is also a nice courtesy.

Liliana