[Ansteorra] Question 7/15 - Crash-Space Etiquette?

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Wed Jul 16 00:08:12 PDT 2008

I am always wonderfully grateful if someone offers me space. I hope I make a good guest. I always tell people about my allergies. I can't handle smoking. I am go to the hospital with an attack. People find it very rude if you don't warn them about that.
Also I am very grateful if someone makes an effort to do special courtesies because I am a Duchess. I try to be gracious but I really don't expect it. Yes, when we are at the event and we are all playing our roles then I expect it but when I am at someones home I think that is the real world and I am not a Duchess in the real world.
I like to bring guest gifts. I was raised in the old South and host and hostess gift were a requirement. I bring SCA things and sometimes things I have made. I sometimes bring books because most people in the SCA like books.
I like to bring things for the children. In most SCA houses the children have a lot to do with the SCA and like to be included as members of the SCA Household.
I have a funny story about a Queen of Atenveldt that I was at 20 Th.anniversary or the SCA.. I was talking to her and she told me that when I was Queen of Atenveldt many years ago she was the child in the house and I give her a brooch and talked to her about binging a Queen and she had patterned herself after me.
In medieval time we are told to be especially courteous to people without rank but of good blood because they might be your Lord someday.
willow de wisp