[Ansteorra] Question 7/15 - Crash-Space Etiquette?

Elizabeth Crouchet elizabeth at crouchet.com
Wed Jul 16 09:33:46 PDT 2008

Crash Space is such an old term and one many of us that have been around
awhile, throw around a lot, especially when economic times get tough.
But obviously we have not educated our more recent members as to what it
is and what it means.

We have also not discussed what we expect and times have changed. We did
not use to worry about people smoking, now it is polite to negotiate
that. So this discussion is quite timely.

This sounds like a great article for a TI or even a Black Star, maybe
that A&S issue that comes out once in a while? It should be posted on a
website so it can be found with a search for SCA Crash Space.

We need pros and cons of crashing and of hosting, we need dos and don't
for both as well. Also, those little extras that get you invited back
and how to organize the availability of crash space. Often that is
negotiated between friends and that space never becomes publicly
available, but if the usual bunch is not attending this event, it would
help to know how to offer your space or how to get spaces offered.

This thread will provide much good fodder for such an article but I
think a round table discussion with someone taking notes would also
provide additional resources.

Anyone just itching to write this up?

Claire