[Ansteorra] A kind offer

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 16:04:40 PDT 2008

Now you remind me of another movie:

"Is that menace you're conveying?  Is it to be torture?  Will you boil me,
or stretch me, which?  Or am I to be perforated?"

Years ago, Master William Blackfox did a strip involving a game show called
"Catherine Wheel of Fortune"  One contestant asked for an L, and there were
about 24.  Then he asked if he could buy a vowel.  The host said he could,
but he might be forgetting the category.

The next frame showed the category: Welsh Place Names.

As far as beheading, did you see the Marie Antoinette Action Figure?  You
press a button, and her head pops off.  I think Hasting's has sold those in
the past.  Maybe even Cactus Records in Houston, back when there WAS a
Cactus Records in Houston.

The others......can you hang anybody who isn't named Chad?  Or press anybody
who isn't named Olive?  I guess Garlic, but I don't know anybody named
Garlic...

P&B,
DT+LF

On 7/16/08, DonPieter at aol.com <DonPieter at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 7/16/2008 12:14:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> herrdetlef at gmail.com writes:
>
> how  about a burning in effigy?
>
> just wait till it rains.
>
> we talked  about straw man arguments in class today, so you see where my
> mind
> is  tuned
>
> P&B,
> DT+LF
>

> Burning at the stake is but only one option I give for having old personas
> executed. I also do beheading, breaking at the wheel, hanging, pressing
> etc.
>
> Just a thought
> Pieter
>

> **************Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live
> music
> scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!
> (http://www.tourtracker.com?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!

Beowulf, 1-11