[Ansteorra] SCA on Gov't "watch list:" let's just skewer thisvampire right here...

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 17 22:32:16 PDT 2008

Speaking of security clearances... when I joined the Air Force and survived
basic training I was sent to Travis AFB in CA.
The position I held required a Top Secret clearance with a special little
added zap to it.

My mother (a newspaper reporter) got royally pissed off when the FBI
investigated her, my sister and my brother.  She had
her boss, the Sheriff, the Chief of Police, several Judges (including a
Federal Judge) and a few lawyers calling her asking what
she had done to have that kind of "heat" brought down on her.

I got a long distance butt chewing (as only mother can do) for not warning
her.  I didn't know diddly about it other than I was
told there would be an intensive background check.  When didn't mean a thing
to me at the ripe age of 18.

Runa The Thundering Herd
http://runa-herd.livejournal.com
www.bedlambazaar.com
http://thethunderingherd.net

----- Original Message ----- major snip

My lord or lady, permit me to comment, as I have held Secret clearances
three times over a quarter-century: once when I worked on the Shuttle during
the Cold War, once when I worked on contract at Hurlburt Field, Florida
(Google it, I's interesting) in 2004, and one other time.

--Cadfan, holding the stake while Dr. van Helsing swings the mallet...