[Ansteorra] Another Urban Legend...was Re: The FBI File Legend

chuck.graves at faa.gov chuck.graves at faa.gov
Fri Jul 18 09:28:12 PDT 2008

Greetings,

Once upon a time, we had a Shire aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise.

As the legend goes, on at least one occasion, the Captain requested that
the group hold fighter practice on the deck rather than the hangar bay.
Supposedly, fighter practice was timed to coincide with the normal
overflight of the local Soviet spy satellite.

Apparently, subsequent intercepted Soviet communications chatter showed
some distress: "They are not only ready to bomb us into the Stone
Age...they are practicing to beat us there, too!"

The Navy guys I know swear by that one because they all knew someone from
the Shire on the Enterprise.

Regards,
Tadhg

Sandra Geil <alexsandraeryn at yahoo.com>
Sent by: ansteorra-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
07/17/2008 02:58 PM
Please respond to
alexsandraeryn at yahoo.com; Please respond to
"Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA,  Inc." <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>

ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Ansteorra] The FBI File Legend

Up in the Middle Kingdome the FBI File story indicates that we are people
of interest because we might actually manage to put food in dishes on the
table, clothes on peoples' backs and that sort of thing without the
benefits of technology in the event that the country was somehow returned
to the stone age (by the Soviets or some such...)

al AERYN