[Ansteorra] World History In High School

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Sat Jul 19 08:45:50 PDT 2008

Vincenti da Murano replied to me:

> Ok, I can be quiet most of the time but this is TOO much ...
> "The Texas-OU football game is the third weekend of the State Fair.  All
> are
> days to fly your Texas flag."

> This is a day to fly your Sooners flag!!!

Of course it is.  So is April 22, date of the Run of '89 when the
Unassigned Lands were opened (despite the fact that some folks came in
Sooner), and June 11, when Oklahoma City stole the state capital.  Oklahoma
has one of the most colorful state histories in the country.  I just don't
*have* an Oklahoma state flag.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin