[Ansteorra] interesting news article

robert segrest aumbob at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 12:53:37 PDT 2008

As precedent, Trimaris did claim the Southern Wastes (Antartica) when one of their members was stationed at McMurdo.  I don't believe they ever had a functioning group there, although there were on occasion at least three SCAdians there at one time.  I think there should be no difficulty with Don Shamino claiming The Firmament for Ansteorra.

We might need to create something along the lines of the Treaty of Torsedillas, wherein Spain and Portugal divided up all of the world outside of Europe between them.  Trimaris could get all unclaimed lands within 50 miles of the Earth and we would claim all lands outside those boundaries.  Since anyone can see that the stars, while there are many of them, are quite small, certainly this should be an excellent bargain for them, but there might be a payoff for us in the future.  Since we and Trimaris have distinguished ourselves beyond all others in exploration (or will have once Don Shamino completes his journey) there is no reason for other kingdoms to be considered in such a treaty.

Safe travels and a happy return to Don Shamino, and wishing I could travel in his place.

Laszlo