[Ansteorra] Fw: Calling all rapier fighters (and Mythical Creatures)!

David Backlin edrei at smythkepe.org
Sat Jun 7 06:20:57 PDT 2008

Calling all rapier fighters (and Mythical Creatures)!

What's it like to conquer a HYDRA? How do you defeat MEDUSA? Does the JABBERWOCK truly exist?
BIG FOOT, THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, THE ABOMINABLE SNOW MAN, GODZILLA!!! DARTH VADER!!!!!!!

Okay, perhaps Mr. Vader is not "mythical", I may be getting carried away, but you get the idea.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Smythkepe's event, A Midsummer Knight's Dream: Mythical Mayhem (Aug. 22nd-24th) is soon upon us.  You'll be seeing the flyer in publication soon, but you can get a sneak peak on our web site, www.smythkepe.org

As I mentioned, the theme this year is Mythical Mayhem.  I would like to give you, the awesome rapier community of Gleann Abhann, the opportunity to come and treat us to your creative genius by allowing YOU to create and host a rapier competition that involves, you guessed it, a mythical creature or concept.  You get to be in charge of your creation and I, as MIC, will help you (if you like).

Am I being lazy by asking you to do all of the work and run a rapier competition, certainly, but I like to think of it as giving you the chance to take charge and show people what you can do.

DON'T WAIT!  Slots are filling up FAST!  No, really, they are!

Please contact me at geoffrey.simkins at gmail.com if you would like to take advantage of this AMAZING OPPORTUNITY!
Just let me know if you want to be a part of it now, give me the concept in a few days and then we'll hammer out details between now and the event.  I'm leaving it wide open, use your imagination, have FUN!

Geoffrey