[Ansteorra] Kings College Update... Please read

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jun 9 21:21:15 PDT 2008

On Jun 9, 2008, at 6:37 PM, Betsy Marshall wrote:

> If you like chewing on paper or foam core, no worries.
> The critters in the vicinity are either owned livestock or varmints-
> raccoons, armadillos, etc and not generally considered "good eatin'"

See this file in the Florilegium:
exotic-meats-msg (100K)  4/18/08    Period and SCA exotic meats.
Swans, ostrich,
                                        crawfish, dormice, cat.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/exotic-meats-msg.html

> I do recommend a nice picnic lunch assembled at the grocery store.
> Bread, cheese, fruit and sausages, lemonade and some napkins and
> you are all
> set for a lovely period lunch!

Picnic-Basket-art (26K)  5/21/08    "A Pilgrim's Picnic Basket" by
Master
                                        Gideanus Adamantius, O.L.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/Picnic-Basket-art.html
picnic-feasts-msg (12K)  7/ 6/01    Ideas for light, picnic style
feasts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/picnic-feasts-msg.html
travel-foods-msg  (14K)  9/23/07    Period travel foods.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TRAVEL/travel-foods-msg.html

> (okay- maybe not the lemonade; sugar was very dear until Tudor times)

Orng-Lmn-drks-art (10K)  4/11/07    "Orange and Lemon Drinks of Summer"
                                        by THL Johnnae llyn Lewis, CE.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/Orng-Lmn-drks-art.html

Stefan
--------