[Ansteorra] Experimental Archeology

Thomas gemartt at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 11 10:46:06 PDT 2008

Greetings all,

There was a group of monks at the recent Lysts
at Castleton.  I've created a web page to
chronicle some of our experiences:

https://webspace.utexas.edu/gem/www/monks.htm

One person described this endeavor as experiemntal
archeology which is an interesting way of thinking
about this kind of persona play: the feeling one has
waking up in the dark of night to gather together,
the experience of walking by candlelight, the music
of soft bells early in the morning light, thoughts
one has chanting and walking solemnly with others,
the fragrance of incense and the feelings it evokes,
and the many other responses one may have to this
glimpse of a medieval way of life.

Several people have mentioned an interest in doing
something like this again as well as a sister project.
I am glad to hear from all who would like to explore
this kind of experience.

   Thomas of Tenby

.