[Ansteorra] King's College Class

Elizabeth Crouchet elizabeth at crouchet.com
Thu Jun 12 19:46:11 PDT 2008

I will be teaching a class at King's College:

*Yoga for Warriors –* Warm ups for the Rapier List

This class will be taught first thing in the morning and is open to
anyone. The series should leave you energized for the day and ready to
pursue anything, including the rapier class track. Wear comfortable
clothing you can move in. No experience necessary.

This particular series of poses was created to highlight those yoga
moves that best emulate and compliment fighting stances used on the
rapier field. Anyone familiar with yoga may recognize Warrior I, Warrior
II, and Power Pose.

This class will concentrate on a series of warm ups for list side. These
are all standing poses, no mats or special clothing are needed. These
poses can be done on the same terrain as the tournament or practice
field. The whole warm up takes about 15 or 20 minutes.

The class will take about an hour or so to teach because we want to take
the time needed to carefully explain and demonstrate each pose and
stretch so that you may perform them safely and to the best benefit.

I will be leading the series and explaining how to do the moves for warm
up. Lady Viviana will make sure we do the moves correctly and safely,
then she will explain how to expand on the moves and the series to use
it as a strengthening and training program. She and her yogis will
demonstrate the full expression of many of those poses that this class
will cover only in more conservative ways.

We look forward to seeing you in our class.

Claire Shayhan
with Viviana Rowntree