[Ansteorra] Attention King's College teachers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jun 16 17:04:22 PDT 2008

First thank you everyone for the time you spent creating and teaching
such wonderful classes.  If I'm not teaching classes as such events I
try to get to as many as I can.

Unfortunately, since there were multiple class tracks it is
impossible for any one person to attend all the classes.

However, there is a way that people who missed your particular
classes or who couldn't make the event can benefit from the time and
effort you have already put in.

If you created a class handout which can stand alone without you
there teaching the class, please consider sending it to me to include
in the Florilegium.  I have already been in contact with a few
teachers, who I or others in my party took classes from so I've seen
their handouts, but there were a lot of other classes as well. A
simple outline is difficult to use but many handouts work quite well
as stand-alone articles.

My standard policy is that the copyright remains with the author and
I will take updates or removal :-( requests at any time. I can also
replace a class handout with a more polished article later if you
wish. In the meantime, folks can be learning from even what you might
think of as a rough handout. One of the greatest shames is the
article which someone will not allow me to publish until it is
"perfect". It never is. There is always something that can be
improved, but in the meantime people can still be learning from what
you've already learned.

Word, RTF or text formats are the easiest for me to work with, but I
can often read others. I can talk to you further about how much and
what contact info you would like me to include, as well as any
republication permissions allowed. I can handle photographs and
diagrams if you have permission to use them.

Peers, this is a good way for your students to increase their
visibility across the Known World, as well as within this kingdom. It
is also a good way for you, and them, to give back to our Society.
Yes, I accept articles from Peers as well as from apprentices. :-)
And I do correct spelling errors, so even squires can send in
articles. :-) :-)

Thanks for listening,
    Stefan
--------