[Ansteorra] Waterbearing proposal request for comments

Aingeal clan_mac at charter.net
Tue Jun 17 14:17:46 PDT 2008

 Greetings,

	I can fully understand why this has come out. I mundanely worked in
state and federal compliance for water and food safety. As I worked on the
waterbearing book for Ansteorra I ran into some issues.  Each county has
their own rules and requirements. I spent many hours researching the
requirements and found areas of liability. What most do not understand is
there are many different rules. I have research 6 states in detail and the
federal codes. The variation in the rules changes drastically from one state
or county to another.
	While I enjoy my job as Kingdom Waterbearer, I took an oath to
protect the Kingdom and the Society. So if this is what is necessary I will
do waterbearing as an individual looking after my SCA friends and family. I
did it 20 plus years ago and I can do it now. We used to put donation cans
out on the tables. When I have needed donations to provide what the fighters
wanted, they stepped up and gave money. Please do not see this as end to
waterbearing just a possible change in how we do things. Please remember to
provide your comment to BOD and where there is a will, there is always a
way.

HL Aingeal Mac an Ghabhann
Kingdom Waterbearer Ansteorra
817-480-2444

P.S.

HL Robert Carmichael, Ansteorra Kingdom Chirurgeon, is currently at Lillies
but is aware of what is going on and will be home on 6-23.