[Ansteorra] Answers to Questions-Waterbearer proposal

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 11:43:28 PDT 2008

At 12:50 PM 6/19/2008, you wrote:
>All,
>
>At present nothing has changed, in the past we did not have official
>water bearing and we survived. We will survive again. Please send
>your comments, thoughts and suggestions to the BOD and please
>continue with healthy discussion. I prefer WB as an official office
>due to stricter guidelines and sanitation. It's not the end of the
>world, they are only trying to protect the SCA from frivolous
>lawsuits, nothing more.

Y'know, there might be a simpler solution. We all know that boiling
water for ten minutes or so kills any germs. The problem then is to
prevent re-infection if person A (who has some nasty disease but
doesn't realize it) drinks from a container and then person B drinks
from the same container. So if we serve the water while it's still
boiling, the germs won't survive to be transmitted. At least in the
summertime in Ansteorra the chances of the fighters noticing that the
water is a bit warmer than usual is pretty low. <G>

         -Tivar Moondragon