[Ansteorra] Fwd: Stonehenge in Flint, Michigan

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 07:58:57 PDT 2008

Thanks for the link!

That's pretty darn impressive.  Imagine what a team of guys could do with
such simple technology!

I wouldn't go so far as to buy the story that Merlin shipped the stones all
the way from Ireland (sorry, Geoff M.!), but this could explain at least the
possibility of heaving such giant stones that far into the air.

DT+LF

On 6/20/08, Tina Michael <tinabetta at gmail.com> wrote:

> A freind sent me this link. Very cool, I found myself watching this guy,
> mouth open in  amazement.
> Tina

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!

Beowulf, 1-11