[Ansteorra] Outdoor Eventing: Ants, Chiggers, Mosquitos, Fleas and Flies

Donna Nesbit themaefare at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 13:31:21 PDT 2008

Thank you for all of the information.  Pyrethrium (sp) is an insectiside that is derived from mums.  It is generally non-toxic to animals, but bugs do not like it.  I use it in the kitchen for ants or roaches (big ones) when I have to.  Also, putting tobacco (snuf) in shoes keeps off chiggers.  My boys used to use this when they went to scout camp.  Many bugs do not like tobacco products.
As far as ingesting garlic and sulphur, people need to be aware that it can cause BO because the chemical leechs out in sweat.

Penelope