[Ansteorra] An Unfortunate Accident

Michael Kahn Kahn at West-Point.org
Mon Jun 9 20:29:01 PDT 2008

Quill wrote:

>It's a shame we can so easily be marred by association, but I accept this as
>a part of human fate.

Ah, Lord Quill, do you not recall what your parents taught you?  Well,
I'm assuming they did, because my parents taught it to me:  "Birds of a
feather flock together."

I know nothing of Goliards, Miscreants, or anything else of the sort.
What I do know is that we *choose* with whom we will associate.  Such
choices reveal something about each person's character.  Because I also
know that if you do not sit down with "tax collectors and sinners," you
cannot have any influence on them, I will not dismiss someone out of
hand for mere associations.  However, when you choose to associate with
someone, you ARE revealing something about yourself in making that
choice; thus, it only makes sense that your choice in association should
redound upon you in some fashion.

I speak in general because, again, I know absolutely nothing about
Goliards and Miscreants.  Do not regret that *you* are colored by the
associations you *choose* to make; instead, choose your associations so
that their reflection upon you will be the impression you want others to
have of you.  That choice is yours.

  In Service,
    Miles Grey