[Ansteorra] Fw: [Announcements] Waterbearing proposal request forcomments

Rose & Chad love at roseandchad.net
Tue Jun 17 15:00:15 PDT 2008

  "I've seen it happen (not recently, and I won't name the fighters to
avoid embarassing them) but it's happened at Gulf War and Queen's
Champion, probably other events, but I remember those two
specifically. It wasn't so much a desire to win as it was just not
paying attention and not realizing they were getting dehydrated.

-Tivar Moondragon"

  And, in waterbearing, I've seen plenty of fighters who simply didn't want to get up and walk over to the area. They were tired and thinking of the last fight or the next fight and underestimated thier hydration levels. In fact, I always thought that was part of a waterbearer's job; not just to wwalk the hydration over, but to look for fighters with signs of dehydration and *making sure* that they get hydration, even if it meant telling the Marshall. I never had to speak to a Marshall about it, but there have been plenty of times when persuasion was needed and the fighters were better off for it.

  However, no matter what changes are made, and regardless of whether or not I can get an award for it, I will still be volunteering to waterbear at the events that I go to. :)

  R the O