[Ansteorra] Proposed change in waterbearing

cathal at mindspring.com cathal at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 18 05:45:26 PDT 2008

>Has  anyone considered that the language of the SCA waiver may remedy this
>issue...or that the waiver itself can be altered to emcompass ...eat and drink
>at your own risk?
>
>Just a Lawyer's 2-cents.>

I think what the Board is more worried about is the potential for fines and penalties levied by variius jurisdictions for non compliance with applicable health codes and ordinances.  That sort of
adverse publicity might damage the corporation's ability to secure sites as well as assist in any
litigation being able to prove direct negligence IF a personal injury or other cause of action was brought.

As the other Gentle who replied to this post mentioned, the use of the waivre is problematic at best; however even that diminishes significantly if it can be proven the corporation had knowledge of the potential for liability and did nothing to directly mitigate it.

Cathal.
(Meridian lurker and not a lawyer)

You will be assimilated; obedience is feudal.