[Ansteorra] Answers to Questions-Waterbearer proposal

Elizabeth Crouchet elizabeth at crouchet.com
Thu Jun 19 13:50:35 PDT 2008

Deborah Wade wrote:
> Or everyone carries their own drinking container at all times and it is filled from the water jugs/or by people carring them to the field.

Actually this can solve many problems. If you have your cup with your
and I pour water into it from a gallon jug of water that we purchased
then we are not preparing anything. Many problems are solved this way.
It may be that if we were to fill those same cups, directly from a
drinking water safe hose or faucet of municipality provided drinking
water(tap water), it may be the same thing.

 That would add a level of complexity for the individual. But it does
avoid many of the situations that need for us to train for sanitation
and that may also mean that we wouldn't be providing anything the local
authorities would find inspectable or regulatable.

In some places our 501(c)3 status means we don't have to purchase a
Food Handling Permit but we do still have to follow local food laws and
regulations for US, State, County and City if we provide food in any way.

If we don't prepare anything then there is nothing to regulate.
Reselling or providing packaged foods is not considered food handling,
foods  like small bags of chip or candy bars.  If we gave away
commercially bottled water it would be the same.

This observation does not take into account the cost differences. That
is my disclaimer.

Claire