[Ansteorra] The Waterbearing Bruhaha

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Fri Jun 20 18:31:12 PDT 2008

I suspect finding the most strict regulations across the SCA or even the US
or even our kingdom and then keeping that knowledge up to date would be more
difficult than researching it (and perhaps documenting it for the next guy)
for the local where we are having an event.

For instance, the Chirurgeon in Charge (CIC) of an event generally knows (1)
where the nearest medical facility of any type is located (including
clinics), (2) where the nearest hospital is located, (3) average response
time for EMS, (4) what cell phone companies' phones work on the site (if
any), (5) if no cells work, then where is the nearest phone we can use in an
emergency, (6) are there any AEDs, O2, etc on site, (7) what is the best
address/directions to give EMS, (8) are there any laws/regulations affecting
First Aid at this location (like what are the local Good Sam laws), ....

After we do a couple of events at a site, we pretty much know all that stuff
and that is part of what the Chirurgeon organization provides over random
people with First Aid skills. I suspect the information we have talked about
here would be similar.

Caelin