[Ansteorra] Fighters and Heraldry

Jerry dreifuerst at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 09:43:46 PDT 2008

Recently, Lady Alisone McCay, Event Steward for the Ansteorran Heraldic and
Scribal Symposium June 28,   wrote:

> Greetings,...
>
> ...On Sunday, June 29, there will be a Tourney in the Park at Memorial Park
> near the picnic area.  For further directions please click on the link
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=100256936395516282172.0004474d498b202cfa2fd
> .
> This is not only for fighters, come join us in watching the display of
> pageantry and courtly ways on a beautiful day. We will also be holding
> contests for court and list heraldry So please join us.

Fighting lords (and ladies) of Ansteorra, how often have you pictured
yourself as the knight in shining armor, fighting for King and Country on
the battlefield or for lady (or lord) and glory and honor on the tourney
field?  Do those images include bright banners flying in the breeze or
blazoned shields and tabards identifying you to the rest of the combatants
and witnesses?

Heralds make these images come to life.

Come to the Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium this Saturday.  The
host for this event kindly provided you a venue for fighting on Sunday at a
Tourney in the Park starting at noon.*

There are noble opponents waiting to test your skill with sword.  See you
this weekend at the Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium in Stargate.

Yours in service to Baron and King,
Othar Morganson.

* Armor inspection begins at 11.
--