[Ansteorra] Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium June 28

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 22:30:07 PDT 2008

Inkle looms are nothing to be afraid of ;-)

They are so user-friendly, that I have even managed to do some weaving on
those things.  If I can use an inkle loom--well, you know ;-)

On 6/28/08, Sher M <runa.herd at earthlink.net> wrote:

> This was the first AHSS that I have attended.  I enjoyed the two classes I
> took very much.
> I am no longer "afraid" of my inkle loom.  I have pulled my threads/yarns
> out of the bags and found the video that goes with the loom.  Look out loom,
> here I come!
>
> Runa aka Sher Montgomery & The Thundering Herd
> http://runa-herd.livejournal.com
> www.bedlambazaar.com
> http://thethunderingherd.net

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!

Beowulf, 1-11