[Ansteorra] Name History ( was Re: Nordsteorra)

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 09:42:26 PDT 2008

At 08:05 AM 3/23/2008, you wrote:
>Tivar, this line caught my eye:
>
>On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 11:01 PM, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Nordsteorra (or
> > Cibola, or Seagate, or Lupinia) could easily follow that model
> > without breaking up Ansteorra.
> >
> >         -Tivar Moondragon
> >

>I know what Nordsteorra has referred to in the past, but can you tell me
>more about the other names?  When were they proposed, and for what areas?
>
>JP

The last time the Southern region was discussing a possible
principality, I proposed Cibola for a name. (Cibola was one of the
legendary seven cities of gold, supposedly located somewhere in what
is now Texas or New Mexico, and probably based on wildly exaggerated
stories of the Indian pueblos. It was much sought after by Spanish
explorers in the 1500s.)

I made up the other two names. Seagate is a combination of Seawinds
and Stargate, thus referring to the Coastal region. Lupinia is based
on the scientific name for bluebonnets: lupinus texensis and is
intended to be the central region.

         -Tivar Moondragon