[Ansteorra] Nordsteorra

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Sun Mar 23 12:34:02 PDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 8:56 PM, Cisco Cividanes <engtrktwo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is it possible to address the issues mentioned in The Captain's
> original posting without forming a Principality? Could, for example, a
> northern regional fund be established to help pay for royal travel
> north? (just concept, and not even a fully thought out one...so nobody
> shoot!)
>
> I know their were regional champions in the past, and that the heavy
> weapons champions served as war leaders and 'middle men" between the
> crown and the region. Is that idea possible now, or did it die its
> quiet death for a good reason?

I have suggested the crown enlist members of the royal family to hold court
in areas where they might not be able to attend. The (former) West, the
North and shires everywhere could have more court presence. I understand
this has been done rarely on an occasional basis.

I think this raises a number of possibilities including the idea of a County
or Duchy where a particular noble or noble couple is responsible for being
the crown's representative for a time (year? two?) and seeing to the needs
of the populace there. Of course that would not exclude crown visits as well
but would give the locals a presence from the royal family more often. Since
our Counts, Countesses, Duchesses and Dukes have experience holding royal
court and overseeing the kingdom so, assuming they were willing,  they
should be able to do this for a smaller area.

Christian Doré