[Ansteorra] Nordsteorra

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 26 17:35:51 PDT 2008

As I see it, there are no other regions that have a border on the northern edge of Ansteorra, so there's not really a necessity to differentiate further.  Southern and Coastal both share the southern border, but Coastal does not share the coast with any other region, so while it extends further south than Southern, I think both are adequately named.

And it might help others to know that while some people may refer to the Northern Region as "Nordsteorra", it is not an official regional name.  Nordsteorra Herald is the heraldic title (registered) of the Northern Regional Herald.  Which is why this whole thread catches my eye every time I see a post because my initial reaction is, "What's happening with my regional deputy?" :)  The other regional heralds are Orbis (Southern), Eclipse (Central), and Solstice (Coastal).

Alden Drake
Star Principal Herald