[Ansteorra] "Period Containers"

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 15:49:54 PDT 2008

Avoid bottles from Mexico and China too...
or from other questionable sources
unless you know they are food safe...
Lead in the glass will leech into the liquid...

L DeerSlayer

Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote: At 12:22 PM 3/28/2008, you wrote:

>Just a lighthearted question here. I've seen this phrase used since someone
>handed me my first event flyer, and it only just occurred to me to wonder
>about it. What does it mean "period containers" at site that are designated
>wet? Is that just a fancy way of saying "no kegs, hide the cans" or should I
>invest in an authentic wineskin in the future? :)
>/|\ Quill

At a bare minimum, it would mean "no kegs, use a mug instead of a
can, no blatantly modern labels on bottles." For some sites (such as
church or scout camps) it might even mean "if you bring cans or
bottles of booze, take them with you when you leave--we don't want
them in our trash."

If you want to get a little more intense, then go for the wineskin,
period-style bottles (probably ceramic rather than glass, because
glass was *expensive* throughout mist of our period) maybe a drinking
horn, goblet or leather jack (depending on when and where your
persona is from) rather than a glass-bottomed fake pewter mug.

         -Tivar Moondragon