[Ansteorra] "Period Containers"

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 28 15:59:31 PDT 2008

On Mar 28, 2008, at 5:22 PM, Chris Dunham wrote:
> Kegs are, at least, easily hidden within a decent sized barrel.
> Which is,
> after all, the type of container it should be in after all.  :)

Yep. Just wish I could find a source of cheap, small water-tight
wooden barrels. I may have to settle for creating a look-alike barrel
based around a modern, round plastic water barrel. I bought a book on
coopering hoping I could make a true barrel, but coopering is a LOT
more complicated than it at first might seem, with the staves needing
to be split radially from a log rather than saw cut and having to be
carved to curve in three different directions *and* to fit together
without gaps. Anybody ever tried coopering?

coopering-msg     (50K)  7/13/06    Making and maintaining barrels
and kegs.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/coopering-msg.html

It sure would be nice to not see any plastic tubs and barrels in
camp, though.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas