[Ansteorra] "Period Containers"

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 28 16:19:28 PDT 2008

Tivar Moondragon mentioned:
> If you want to get a little more intense, then go for the wineskin,
> period-style bottles (probably ceramic rather than glass, because
> glass was *expensive* throughout mist of our period) maybe a drinking
> horn, goblet or leather jack (depending on when and where your
> persona is from) rather than a glass-bottomed fake pewter mug.

Here are a few Florilegium files that be of interest to those
thinking about using more period drinking containers.

lea-bottles-bib   (20K)  1/19/03    Leather bottle bibliography
                                        by Master Magnus Malleus, OL.
   [missing. I'll get it reloaded in the next few days]
lea-bottles-msg   (38K)  2/ 2/00    Leather bottles and jacks. Making
them.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/lea-bottles-msg.html
p-bottles-msg     (20K)  9/12/01    Period beverage bottles and
stoppers.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/p-bottles-msg.html
horn-msg         (106K)  2/ 8/08    Working with horn. drinking horns.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/horn-msg.html
wood-finishes-msg (98K)  2/13/08    Period and SCA wood finishes.
Stains.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/wood-finishes-msg.html
wood-utensils-msg (13K)  4/21/00    Making and finishing wooden
utensils, mugs.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/wood-utensils-msg.html
horn-utn-care-msg  (7K)  3/26/05    Care of utensils made of horn.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-UTENSILS/horn-utn-care-msg.html
jugs-pitchrs-lnks (16K) 12/26/05    Links to info on medieval and
Ren. Jugs and
                                        Pitchers by Dame Aoife Finn
of Ynos Mon.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-UTENSILS/jugs-pitchrs-lnks.html
wood-utn-care-msg (14K)  3/26/05    Care of utensils made of wood.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-UTENSILS/wood-utn-care-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas