[Ansteorra] "Period Containers"

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 28 16:32:34 PDT 2008

On Mar 28, 2008, at 6:18 PM, L T wrote:
> What a number of the brewers do...
>
> is use a jocky box... that is wooden...
> and just run the hoses from the "kegs" up to that...
> which leaves the commercial aluminium containers under the table...
>
> L DeerSlayer

Ahh! Okay, I've seen someone with these fake barrel ends and taps at
two different events. I thought that that was a nifty way to do it. I
was actually thinking more along the lines of water and such used in
camp for washing and such rather than alcoholic drinks. While the
latter is pressurized, which simplifies things somewhat, I imagine
you could use a pump of some sort and do something like this.

If anyone has written an article on these disguised kegs for either
beverage disbursement or water supply, or would be willing to write
one, I'd love to have it for the Florilegium. And I can handle
photographs or drawings, for instance of this setup I remember seeing
at one or two Ansteorra events. I'd love to give some word fame to
the folks that came up with and created that nice setup.

Stefan

PS: What is a "jocky box"? Does that mean a box big enough to put a
jockey into? :-)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com