[Ansteorra] History

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Sun May 4 16:52:44 PDT 2008

> On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 04:28:56PM -0400, Klfrench1023 at aol.com wrote:
> > We really had a good time in those days.  I miss them.
> Yeppers, we did, because the SCA was new to many --even most
> -- of us then.
>
> We need to work hard at making things so that the new folks
> can have that much fun. I suspect that, in doing so, we'll
> find that we have that much fun, too.
>
> --
> Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
> mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO
> Tired old music Laurel; Chirurgeon; SCAdian since AS XI

Master Michael, if there is any doubt whatsoever as to the truth of
that, I offer in evidence a memory made yesterday:  the expression and
manners of one Don Robin of Gilwell after coming off the field following
a (shall we say) *rousing* set of matches contesting the defense of
holding / seeking the Iron Star.  That man can GRIN!

(I was in a class for Gate-tending.  We could not help but take notice
of the good fun, from where I was seated.)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
SCA: (al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MikeCBaker at verizon.net
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen
http://wizardsdenblogedition.blogspot.com/