[Ansteorra] Lysts: Wanted! Heralds and "King of Arms"

Sir Giotto di Giovanni sirgiotto at gmail.com
Sun May 4 20:54:59 PDT 2008

At Lysts at Castleton, heralds will share the honors equally with the
competitors.  Each herald will be required to have a fighter to
sponsor and announce upon the field.  So heralds, find your fighter
today!

If you don't have a fighter to sponsor, we'll try to find you one on
the day of Lysts.

King of Arms - The Golden Herald

I am now taking applications for the role of King of Arms for the day
of Lysts.  This Golden Herald will be the Master of Ceremonies for the
most pagentry filled event in our Kingdom.  The will be the chance of
a lifetime for a field herald to show his skills before the King, the
royal Heirs and visiting Royalty from other kingdoms.  To say nothing
of the sponsoring nobles and a entire event of guests that will be
watching the entire day.

The duties of the King of Arms are to receive letters of patent from
the contestants, make recommendations to the Crown about contestants,
manage all other heralds, arrange for heralds at-large in the case of
a contestant without a herald.  Encourage the participation of heralds
prior to and during the event.  Instruct heralds on proper field
behavior.

Please send a private reply to me indicating your interest and qualifications.

Yours I remain,

Sir Giotto
Lysts Steward

--
We are knights. We are professional killers constrained by a code of
conduct that turns murder into both art and service. -- Duke Cuán