[Ansteorra] History

Cheri Hodek texastornado_50 at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 10:01:14 PDT 2008

I usual refrain from making any type of post to this list and enjoy reading, but this is a subject that is close to my heart. I see the good in both arguments and find a need to make a comment.

I have been associated with the SCA now for 10 years (3 years without a membership and 7 with) and enjoy the stories of the “old timers” for the knowledge they give us. This is our history, as today is the history of those that follow us.  We all need to quit being as hard core "old school" and accept that Change is inevitable. How you play may have to change due to "new" mundane rules and such. There is also the need for us that have followed to listen to the stories and understand that this history is what has made the SCA today. As with anything it is always easier to say it was great then, and understanding that each of us brings to any group our knowledge. Our love for our dream is a quest for us all. Each gentle will make of the SCA what they want or do not want. Labeling has created many a false impression of members and “players” Society wide, and once labeled many find it hard to move forward. I myself, wish for all to have the best
 experience as they want.

Honor and chivalry has been a TRUE purpose of the SCA from the beginning. That is a concept that never has to change. As long as we ALL live and/or share that dream that we each have for ourselves in this “Society” with Honor and Chivalry than any and all should have the good times, community, and fellowship that can be so important to so many that join us in our game.

Humbly submitted,
Muirenn ingehan Chonaill

Humility is not thinking less of you, but of you less