[Ansteorra] History

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Thu May 1 17:39:08 PDT 2008

Today marks the 43 year of the SCA  but it doesn't mark my 40 year in the SCA because the group I joined didn't get started until after BayCon. Attached you will find a paper with info on the event.
BayCon was very important because it started the interestthat spread the SCA over the US. ,he man who bought me into the SCA, Hank Reinhart was on the World Com team and went out there to Baycon. He then came back and started a group in his home town Birmingham Alabama.
I was at the first meeting but I didn't know it was the first meeting and I wasn't told that the SCA was only 3 years old. I thought the reason we were a little uniformed about stuff was because we lived in Birmingham.
Duchess Willow de Wisp