[Ansteorra] Lysts: Lysts at Castleton - An event like no other

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Tue May 6 13:25:19 PDT 2008

At 01:19 PM 5/6/2008, you wrote:
>Perhaps combat archery arrows could be used?  Maybe even use live targets
>- folks in armor who volunteer to be targets?  Yeah, that's probably a bad
>idea, but perhaps the tip of the arrow could be "inked" so it would leave
>a mark on the target.
>
>It would be sort of like the safety darts you see in bars these days.
>Just a thought - it seems the Lysts at Castleton has pretty much
>everything else going on.

Well... only for certain values of "everything else." While there's a
variety of of armored combat competitions, there's no rapier combat,
no A&S, no boffer, etc.

(Not that I'm complaining. If you're doing a tight-focus event, then
things outside that focus won't be emphasized. Since there are plenty
of other opportunities across the kingdom to do those things, I don't
see this as a problem.)

         -Tivar Moondragon