[Ansteorra] History

Kelandra Kelandra_C at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 7 08:59:45 PDT 2008

Greetings one and all,
I mean no disrespect to any of our revered elders (myself being some one who
has only played in the SCA for around 26 years) but belaboring the past will
not bring it back. I am not so sure some of it should return, but there are
some parts that should...the curtesy, the persona play, the magic of the
dream, those are good things to strive for. Some one said once tommorrows
history is todays memories, so go on and make some history. Being a person
who likes to think that I lead by example (even if that is sometimes a bad
example) it is my opinion that if all of us want to see more of the magic of
the dream then we need to be making it happen ourselves. Talking about doing
it will not get it done, doing it will. I say enough talk let us take some
action.

There are two very fine events coming up at the end of May The lists at
Castelton and Northkeep's Castellan, I say pick one, attend it, and then
work all weekend to create some special SCA memories for yourself and
others.

Kindly,
Ian Dun Gillan
Baron of Northkeep