[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 25, Issue 20

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Thu May 8 15:23:35 PDT 2008

Ain't history grand!? :O)

Eleanor
who is teaching Julius Caesar to her sophomores...and they just. don't. get.
it!

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 15:21:16 -0500
From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] A knighted van?
To: "Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Anthony N. Emmel <lord_kjeran at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>  Ah, but yor grace, did not Caligua make a Senator out of his favorite
horse?  Seems like a somewhat period thing to do! ;)

He also exiled his mother, executed wealthy subjects without trial in
order to confiscate their assets after his gross mismanagement caused
a fiscal crisis, dedicated temples to himself, prostituted his
sisters, feuded with the Senate, and was eventually assassinated by
his own bodyguards.

Ioannes Dalassenos

--
"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little