[Ansteorra] Fwd: RE: History

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu May 8 19:06:56 PDT 2008

On May 8, 2008, at 2:47 PM, Miles Grey wrote:

> Lady Yu Xue XianXian wrote:
>>
>> I'm climbing off my two stacked up soup boxes for the day,
>
> What type of soup?  Is there any left?

Why, period soup, of course.

soup-msg         (114K)  6/10/07    Medieval soups. Cooking soups at
events.
                                        recipes.
gazpacho-msg      (12K)  2/21/08    A soup or sauce of vinegar,
garlic and bread
mustard-soup-msg  (13K)  4/ 3/02    Mustard soup. HE Salaamallah's
version.
onion-soups-msg   (38K)  1/31/08    Period onion soups.
  (In the Florilegium FOOD section)

> Why were you stacking up boxes of
> soup and climbing on them?  Are you responsible for a feast or
> something?

I'm sure it must have something to do with serving the soup or
something.

serving-soups-msg (18K)  4/14/07    Serving soups at SCA feasts.
   (In the Florilegium FEASTS section)

Or maybe it has to do with keeping one's feet out of the muck. I
think pattens were the period solution, though.

>   In Hunger,
>     Miles Grey
>     (Whose lunch wasn't quite enough)

:-)