[Ansteorra] Squires & Cadets: Houston Traffic alerts - I-10 and Beltway 8

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 12:51:32 PDT 2008

Greetings,

For those traveling to Squires and Cadets this weekend, you may want to check out the following I-10 and Beltway 8 (Sam Houston Tollway) traffic alerts.  Per Houston Transtar:

There will be a TOTAL CLOSURE of northbound and southbound BELTWAY 8 between MEMORIAL and WESTVIEW beginning 10 PM, Friday, May 9 until 5 AM, Monday, May 12. Traffic will be detoured to the respective frontage roads. Law enforcement will be stationed throughout the area to facilitate the movement of traffic.
http://www.katyfreeway.org/closures.html
http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/construction/construction_report.aspx

South and East: For those traveling from the south and east of Houston, I recommend you take I-10 to Loop 610, north to Hwy 290 than west to the event site.  Just avoid the I-10/Beltway 8 exchange all together.

West and Southwest: For those traveling from west I-10, you can exit before Beltway 8 at Fry Rd. head north, the drive is through home developments, but does connect up to Hwy 290 when it becomes Cypress-Rosehill, then head west to the event site.  Or there are any number of other country roads from Katy and west that will connect between I-10 and Hwy 290 - check your maps.

Happy traveling and be safe, Cheers, Hillary