[Ansteorra] Pictures from Squires and Cadets

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Wed May 14 12:15:20 PDT 2008

At 08:50 AM 5/14/2008, you wrote:

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Cisco Cividanes" <engtrktwo at gmail.com>
>
>>If someone were to build a working (SCA combat legal) copy of Leandro
>>Da vinci's tank and roll it onto the battlefield, does anyone think
>>the marshals would let it fight for a round or two.
>
>Nah... they'd say "needs more duct tape" ;)

For whatever it's worth, I *have* seen pictures of Rubber Band Gun
versions of Da Vinci's "machine guns." Both this one:
http://inventors.about.com/od/dstartinventors/ig/Inventions-of-Leonardo-DaVinci/Eight-Barrelled-Machine-Gun.htm
and this one:
http://www.utsgallery.uts.edu.au/collection/images/da_vinci2.jpg They
*are* (as far as I know) legal for SCA rapier.

And speaking of Leonardo, there's an exhibit of some of his toys at
the Houston Museum of Natural Science running until September.
http://www.hmns.org/exhibits/special_exhibits/da_vinci.asp?r=1

         -Tivar Moondragon
                 Ansteorra