[Ansteorra] Rapier,Archery, and Thrown Weapons at Warlord

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 15:50:42 PDT 2008

Greetings!

With less than three full days, I need to make a few announcements regarding the Warlord Schedule, in particular for Archery and Thrown Weapons.

Sadly, there will not be any William Tell Shoot this year. While trying to find the special target, we have found that is not usable and there is no time to re-create it. Next year, we hope that 'Willie' will be back. I know that I always look forward to that shoot and will miss it.

There will also not be any Thrown Weapons competition. We have not had any Thrown Weapons marshals make themselves known to us, so we have cancelled the contest.

The schedule shows that the range will be open for Royal Rounds or IKACs after the Novice Tournament on Saturday. This will only occur if an out of Barony marshal steps up to supervise. Sir Lasguaard, HL Katya, and myself (the active Steppes Target Archery marshals) will be otherwise occupied with Baronial duties, and will need some time out of the sun. Should no one else choose to supervise the range, it will be closed at the end of the Novice Tournament.

Please note that Children's Archery is scheduled at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday morning. This is when it usually happens. No children will be signed up once the shooting starts. If you want to have your child participate, your child and you must be there at 7:30. In the past we have had to hold the list while parents are located or as stragglers dragged in as late as when we were headed to morning court. We cannot do that and be fair to everyone and get the winner's name to the Heralds and Scribes in time for court. This is the one competition whose winner is always announced in Sunday Morning Court.

It has also been brought to my attention that people have been inquiring about Rapier activities at Warlord. As I have spent almost all of my events on the archery range, I was unaware that there was confusion about the term 'champion.' I have always associated it with Rapier only competitions, as the contests I am most aware of are Queen's Champion and Steppes Champion....both Rapier titles. To me it was a no-brainer(ignorance is bliss:) ) ....but then I don't do or follow Rapier that closely. So......

The Rapier activities for Warlord will focus on Steppes Champion which is held on Sunday after Morning Court. It is my understanding that there may be rapier melees Saturday, but I have not had confirmation of this. I hope that the is clarifies any confusion that may have been created, which I apologize for, wholeheartedly.

Lyneya de Grey

Scheduling Coordinator
Steppes Warlord
Well-behaved women Seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich