[Ansteorra] Flying with Viking Brooches in Carry-on Luggage

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Wed May 21 20:41:05 PDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 08:23:45PM -0700, Aline Swynbrook wrote:
> Has anyone ever had a problem with viking brooches in their carry-on
> bags? I am flying out Friday morning to Midrealm to see a friend
> and attend their Kingdom A&S/Crown. The pins on the brooch backs
> are terribly long, but I will be a little annoyed if they get
> confiscated.

I think I'd play it safe and check them; the TSA gets rather excitable
about some decidedly odd and frequently innocuous things. You *may* be
given the opportunity to put them in an envelope and mail them; some
airports provide that facility for prohibited items, but I don't know
that all do, and in any event stamps may not be available, or they may
be out of envelopes, or something else of the sort.

I hope you have a totally boring and uneventful flight wach way and
a *marvelous* weekend.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO