[Ansteorra] I know every "Viking" persona is going to want one

Pat Mullins paedrics at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 21:12:47 PDT 2008

this IS a magnificent ship. I have little doubt that it is as authentic as it can be and still comply with government regulations. I, too, "drool over this marvelously-authentic vessel." Nevertheless, the listing does describe the engines (and radio and compass) then claim "there are no sops to 'modern times' here." and that IS amusing. And I don't think Master Robin was being cynical. He was being ironic.
Paedric
Paul DeLisle <ferretpd at gmail.com> wrote: He's got you there, Robin...and I have to agree with him 100%...your
cynicism does you no justice in this case.

Alden

You might want to look into such esoterica as requirements for Coast
Guard certification and the like before you mock such an authentic
reproduction.  Then take a look around you at the events you'll be
attending this weekend and wonder if your criticism of the Islendinger
doesn't ring just a tad bit hollow.  Is *your* garb sewn with "general
purpose" thread that uses polyester for longevity and strength?  Mine
is.  I also bottle my mead in modern glass bottles using artificial
corks (even real corks aren't period).  *You* may mock the engines; *I*
will drool over this marvelously-authentic vessel.

  Miles Grey