[Ansteorra] Fwd: [Northshield] An elder has passed on

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Mon May 26 14:32:18 PDT 2008

IMPERIUM COMPOUND (SONGS6.TXT)
                      (Tune: "Lily the Pink")
(1) Now here's a story, a little bit gory,
        A little bit happy, a little bit sad.
        About a drink called Imperium Compound
        And how the SCA's been had! (1)
          Chorus: Oh we think, we think, we think,
                The King is a fink, a fink, a fink,
                A figure of respectability
                Rules the Kingdom thru Imperium Compound
                The results are plain to see!

                         Robert Asprin, pulled many a fast one (alt: Yang the Nauseating, pulled many a fast one)
        On the Kingdom and its' Kings,
        So we all drank Imperium Compound
        Now we can stand the songs he sings! //oh, yeah?// (4)
          Ol' Duke Siggie, a West Coast biggie,
        Didn't know enough for his own good!
        Threw a knife at Yang the Nauseating,
        And escaped with Brotherhood! (2)
                  Mongol Hordemen, those free-living swordsmen
        Subverting the Kingdoms from underneath!
        Have no use for Imperium Compound
        Except perhaps to brush their teeth!
         AltChorus: Oh we fink, we fink, we fink,
                   The Khan and the Kink, the Kink, the Kink,
                   And the Board, their Great Senilities!
                   The Western Irgun, drinks Imperium Compound
                   And we're BACK, with results you'll see! (13)
                                           Now he's claws and teeth and hair!
          Grimdore Hawksbane looked like a Great Dane
        And the ladies always passed him by
        So he tried some Imperium Compound
        Now they follow him and sigh!
        From Ansteorra came Sir Galem Ostwestly
        A most noble, chaste, and holy Knight
        Took a swig of Imperium Compound
        Now he ***ks and sings all night!
          Baron Moonwulf had a small problem
        He thought Rivengut was just too sweet
        So we gave him Imperium Compound
        Now he cannot find his feet!
        Lady Laurel, with Authority Royal,
        Passes and rejects our heraldry
        She needs a swig of Imperium Compound
        Then perhaps she'd deign to talk to me!
                           Lady Trude thought it her duty
        To turn a social wrong into a Right
        Proved her point with Imperium Compound
        And showed that Cheshire Cats can fight! //and scratch//
                    The Board of Directors styled themselves The Electors
        And another con they tried to swing
        Now the BoD drinks Imperium Compound
        So we no longer need a King! (7)
        AltChorus: Oh the Bod, the BoD, the BoD,
                   It thinks it is God, is God, is God,
                   The figure of Supreme Authority!
                   And if we O.D.'d on Imperium Compund
                   there'd be no need for Royalty! (7/8)
                 Ioseph of Locksley, never changes his socks, he
        Runs around looking like a Cavalier,
        He stocked up on Imperium Compound
        And he has enough to last for years and years! (13)
        AltChorus: Oh they forgot, forgot, forgot
                   The Locks-e-ly Plot, the Plot, the Plot!
                   And it works the best when it is underground!
                   It isn't a hassle for a green-and-white tassle
                   They're the ones that BREW Imperium Compound! (13)
          Seneshal Keridwen, a leader of good men,
        Sought to give away her job
        She was poisoned with Imperium Compound
        Now when we think of her, we sob!
        Duchess Deshive, had it her own way,
        Ruled Caid, and as a Queen, did well!
        But they gave out Imperium Compound,
        And a toga party blew it all to hell! (13)
          Cariadoc drinks Imperium Compound
        Just before the start of every bout
        No need to ask him why he does it
                It's said of Duke Angus, he likes to drink kumiss
        In fact he'll drink most anything,
        But he'll never touch Imperium Compound
        For only BUD is fit for Kings! (16)
                         Fredrick of Holland came from the Westland
        And in the East by him great deeds were done
        He'd worked up a thirst for Imperium Compound
        For he'd been fighting since DAY ONE! // No Kidding! // (16)
(       16)
          Fredrick of Holland drank Imperium Compound
        But he didn't think it awfully neat,
        Made a face and muttered lowly:
        "This stuff is too damn sweet!" (16)
9
       )
  ,

        Denis O'Titans was good at smitin'
        A Locksley Monster in every single way!
        Drank a little Imperium Compound
        And ATE Deaton's sword that day // No! REALLY! // (5)
         10
        Then there's Duke Reynard, with a face like a St. Bernard
        Of the Dukes, he is the homliest
        He tends to toke up on Imperium Compound
        And go out and whomp on anybody's best!
                This song'll bedevil the folks at a revel,
        And most of the time it will annoy the King,
        So take a drink of Imperium Compound
        And let's go Royalty-bedeviling! (5)
        Duchess Anna is quite a fan-a
        Going on a wartime shopping spree! \\ War Point!\\
        Took a drink of Imperium Compound
        And shopped so fast we couldn't see! \\ Z-o-o-o-om!\\ (5)
          Lyn of Whitewolfe, made of the right stuff,
        Twice the Queen of Atenveldt;
        Took a drink of Imperium Compound
        And the Kingdom of Caid before her knelt! (5)
        Duke Sir Brion, and Duke Sir Trelon,
        Won the Crown with regularity;
        Drank a lot of Imperium Compound,
        And founded a dynasty! (5)
          Stephan von Geist, was most awful nice,
        And a chivalrous fighter without any doubt
        Took a swig of Imperium Compound
        And won the Crown his first time out! (5))
        Then there's Dagan, his brother's the Ka-Khan,
        Which is quite funny in a King!
        If he gets hooked on Imperium Compound
        There'll be new songs to sing! \\ Oh, really?\\ (19)
          Fredrick of Holland, who dwells in the Northland,
        A Master from the West, he came!
        Spends all his money for Imperium Compound
        That's why his garb's always the same! (20)
        Now Gyrth Oldcastle, round as a beer barrel,
        Once chose to quarrel with a certain Bard;
        The poet served him with Imperium Compound,
        And left him rendered down to lard! (20)
  (112) Many tales abound of Imperium Compound
        And its' strange effects on Royalty,
        But after an hour, this song has no power,
       and sings and sings and sings! AltChorus: Oh it's too long, too long, too long                   To sing the whole song, the song, the song                   Longer than a Royal Court, it is!                   But sing it serial, this ditty Imperial                   And you'll be a bardic whiz!                 (5) CREDITS: (1): Yang the Nauseating        (2): Azarael the Soul Separator         (3): Hael of the Broken Mask    (4): Richard of Alsace         (5): Ioseph of Locksley         (6): Rima of Rockridge         (7): Siegfried v. Hoflichskeit  (8): Karina of the Far West         (9): Linda-Muireall v. Katzenbrasse & Elspeth O'Byrne         (10): Esmerelda      (11): Kevin Perigrynne      (12): Aelswith         (13): Ardjukk Afraid-of-His-Cats  (14): Barak Raz, or was it Orm?         (15): Iulstan Sigewealding        (16): Megan ni Laine         (17): Raphael Blackriser          (18): Steffan ap Cennydd         (19): HOPSFA Hymnal (3rd Ed.)     (20): Unknown SCA songbook         Where no credit is given: Author/source unknown.        Send any verses you have that are NOT in here to:    Ioseph of Locksley        This is one of several files comprising the    c/o PO Box 35190          Black Book of Song of Ioseph of Locksley.   Phoenix AZ 85069 USA      Collect them all!